POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More toy room modeling... : Re: More toy room modeling... Server Time
17 Apr 2024 20:08:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More toy room modeling...
From: Leroy
Date: 22 Oct 2022 14:50:00
Message: <web.63543af0c311d939842cfcd1f712fc00@news.povray.org>
"Chris R" <car### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> For some reason I was inspired to try and model some of the toys I used to play
> with when I was younger, and decided to work with "Lincoln Logs" this time.  I
> was able to find some resources that gave the actual dimensions for the logs and
> worked from there to get the other elements.

I don't know what it is about 'Lincoln logs' but I tackle them a while back. I
didn't do any thing as good as you have. After I made the logs,gables,and the
decking planks, I spent a lot of time trying to create a system to make a
complete wall with door & windows of any size easier. It did work out, it just
got more complicated.
 I guest it runs it the family. When my dad helped me with my first set of
'Lincoln logs' I remember telling him my plans and he told me that a part was to
long to go where I wanted. So I said we'll just cut it off! I did grow up to be
a carpenter...

Have Fun!