POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Floors, rails, stairs and roofs, tweaks : Re: Floors, rails, stairs and roofs, tweaks Server Time
19 Apr 2024 08:42:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Floors, rails, stairs and roofs, tweaks
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 16 Dec 2021 05:45:00
Message: <web.61bb1783a457077d22cd71f26f35e431@news.povray.org>
"Mr" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Thanks ! These are very convincing numbers... and indeed I for one wouldn't have
> managed to have any patch-free result at that speed.

Forgot to mention, the radiosity count value was 100.

It's worth pointing out that there's absolutely nothing fancy in this scene,
everything's just flat colours, and I've kept recursion_limit at 1, which means
only directly-lit or emissive areas contribute to the radiosity lighting.
There's also a bit of geometry optimisation - everything is either boxes or
meshes, which render very quickly, except for the CSG in the roofs, which I've
bounded manually.

A high-quality render with a high radiosity count, complex textures,
reflections/glass and media would obviously be somewhat slower!

Bill