POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Happy Holidays : Re: Happy Holidays Server Time
16 Apr 2024 15:34:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Happy Holidays
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 15 Dec 2021 17:10:00
Message: <web.61ba66a1a9b6fbbc2636f1af607c1b34@news.povray.org>
"Chris R" <car### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> Looking at the picture in detail, I was unhappy with the way the puddle melting
> off of the snowman looked.  So, in true geek fashion, I looked up the theory
> behind surface tension of water when puddling on a solid surface, and rewrote
> the macro that generates the puddle to take all of that into account.

Yep that's an excellent puddle. If you're going for a more realistic look I
would recommend altering the snow texture a little too, maybe bump up the
emission value. I've never been able to develop a talent for textures so I can't
offer better advice but experimenting with the settings may yield a more natural
appearance.

Kind regards,
Dave Blandston