POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Floors, rails, stairs and roofs, detail! : Re: Floors, rails, stairs and roofs, detail! Server Time
19 Apr 2024 21:11:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Floors, rails, stairs and roofs, detail!
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 28 Nov 2021 16:35:00
Message: <web.61a3f593ae5fec9b96893c06f35e431@news.povray.org>
> Maybe something to look into: the stair steps. Taking into consideration
> the size of the visitors to this structure, either the banisters are too
> low, or the steps are to high. I guesstimate by a factor of two maybe a
> bit more.

Yeah you're right! I'd like to address this - I'll have to tweak the post size
too because they're almost as wide as the steps. I'm a little limited, because
the stairs need to remain at 45 degrees for ease of assembly, but it should be
possible to improve the scale at least.

There's another improvement I'd like to make - if you look carefully at a
staircase edge-on, you'll notice that the steps start at floor level at the
bottom, but end below floor level at the top. This means that the staircase
doesn't currently bisect a cell, they're very slighty less than 45 degrees. If I
ever want to make longer staircases that span many cells, I'll need to change
the arrangement slightly so they tesselate diagonally.

Bill