POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to ... : Re: How to ... Server Time
23 Apr 2024 03:34:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to ...
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 22 Nov 2021 13:40:00
Message: <web.619be376d5fe89401f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
kurtz le pirate <kur### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a surface defined by a set of points <x,y,z> and for each point,
> its color.
>
> In your opinion, which object/method is the most appropriate to
> represent such a surface?

I'm thinking that the most straightforward thing would be to use
smooth_triangles.

Alternately, maybe you could set up a network of bezier patches, and use your
color information to render a separate scene of boxes that would give you an
image to use as an image_map for uv_mapping your bezier patch union {}.

Might be able to do something with splines and functions ....

It all may depend on how many points you have.