POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Floors, rails, stairs and roofs : Re: Floors, rails, stairs and roofs Server Time
23 Apr 2024 13:03:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Floors, rails, stairs and roofs
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 12 Nov 2021 17:45:00
Message: <web.618eee0b25350355b96893c06f35e431@news.povray.org>
"BayashiPascal" <bai### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I enjoy as much looking at the picture as thinking about how you did it.

It is kind of fascinating. The render before this one, I'd mucked up how the
stairs get placed, and it took me ten minutes looking at it before I noticed the
problem.

> I also wonder what a walk would look like in that maze. Maybe you could make
> an animation out of it. Take a random cell on the surface of the sphere,
> perform a random walk following the cells rules until you reach another
> surface's cell, interpolate the camera position smoothly along the traversed
> cells...

That could actually work. I have a swathe of query macros to see what sort of
cell we're in, so choosing a path is totally feasible. It'd take forever, but
nice idea!

> (thinking it's been way too long he hasn't done anything just for leisure
> purpose using Pov... :( )

Do it! This started out tinkering on my phone whilst afk, switching between nano
buffers and command-line uberpov and typing using only my thumbs!

Bill