POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A second high higher poly render : A second high higher poly render Server Time
24 Apr 2024 07:59:33 EDT (-0400)
  A second high higher poly render
From: The Traveler
Date: 1 Oct 2021 08:45:00
Message: <web.615700b892fb6409dd31149be3dfee7c@news.povray.org>
Howdy all, one more rendering using the technique I've described previously
here:
https://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.6156782017e7a53dd31149be3dfee7c%40news.povray.org%3E/

This was a test to push the limits a bit further. The fractal is known as a 4D
Xenodreambuie.The .stl file when converted to a mesh2 .inc is 1.9G in
size. I don't know how many polys as it was late and went to bed. I estimate it
took just over an hour to load the data.

I observed using htop process viewer that Povray, at least in v3.7, uses only a
single core to read and write files. In a 6 core i5 processor only core 6 was at
100%.

Cheers.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: