POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Whatever happened to +rtr and .obj import? : Re: Whatever happened to +rtr and .obj import? Server Time
20 Apr 2024 02:43:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Whatever happened to +rtr and .obj import?
From: The Traveler
Date: 27 Sep 2021 17:55:00
Message: <web.61523ccd97d3b057dd31149be3dfee7c@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "The Traveler" <jho### [at] northrimnet> wrote:
> > Howdy folks, Yeah, I'm a bit behind the times with povray. But I see in the
> > latest 8.2 manual that Real Time Tracing (+rtr) is still mentioned. I tried
> > experimenting with +rtr in a few test files but got nothing more than a blank
> > render window.(Lubuntu Linux 20.04 64-bit running a self-compiled 3.8.0-Beta2
> > version).
> >

> Someone else reported the same problem-- I think within the last 6 months(?). I
> thought I had a link to that discussion, but can't find it.
>
> The +rtr +kla feature does still work in the Windows version(s), the last time I
> checked.

Thanks Kenneth. Well, another mystery it seems. I went back to 3.7 on the same
Lubuntu box and get the same results. Blank render frame. Clicking on it closes
but there is no image output to file either.

Not a big deal, but I'm writing a Linux-version of a Povray-centric IDE in Qt
and trying to find out what works and what doesn't.

Cheers.