POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : res.ini only a feature for povray in Windows? : res.ini only a feature for povray in Windows? Server Time
20 Apr 2024 02:09:05 EDT (-0400)
  res.ini only a feature for povray in Windows?
From: The Traveler
Date: 26 Sep 2021 15:45:00
Message: <web.6150cd0af089858cdd31149be3dfee7c@news.povray.org>
Howdy folks, Was the ability to parse multiple rendering configurations using a
"res.ini" file only a feature for the Windows version of povray? I've been using
povray under Linux for so long, I don't recall.

From section 2.2.8.2 I have a simple res.ini file with these settings (copied
from the verbatim manual):

; RES.INI
  ; This sample INI file is used to set resolution.
  +W120 +H100  ; This section has no label.
               ; Select it with "RES"
  [Low]
  +W80 +H60    ; This section has a label.
               ; Select it with "RES[Low]"
  [Med]
  +W320 +H200  ; This section has a label.
               ; Select it with "RES[Med]"
  [High]
  +W640 +H480  ; Labels are not case sensitive.
               ; "RES[high]" works
  [Really High]
  +W800 +H600  ; Labels may contain blanks

Using 3.8.0-b2 in Lubuntu Linux: povray res[Low] +Itest.pov gives me an error:
"Failed to parse command line option".

I've checked to make sure the res.ini file is in a searchable directory path.

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.