POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alum : Re: Alum Server Time
19 Apr 2024 15:08:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alum
From: Samuel B
Date: 21 Sep 2021 19:50:00
Message: <web.614a6f11cca1de15cb705ca46e741498@news.povray.org>
Alain Martel <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:
> generate PNG images by default.
> Those two switches are default values since version 3.7.
> +a0.3 is also the default when antialiasing is used.

I know some things are enabled by default, but I like to include all the options
that I plan to change later on... because I'm lazy :D

> The default of +r3 gives you better results.

True that, but +r1 is faster and better than no antialiasing at all, imo. (It
lends a softer look to the rendering.)

> Use the complement of your colour. That's 1 minus the desired colour.

Thanks, Alain. I originally used fade_color and supporting statements, but the
color was becoming too saturated. So I cheaped out instead, which is
regrettable. Because by doing so, I only managed to simulate surface dyes, which
are highly frowned upon in the mineral community ;)

Sam