POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Luna, Moon... desert satellite : Re: Luna, Moon... desert satellite Server Time
20 Apr 2024 05:16:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Luna, Moon... desert satellite
From: Samuel B
Date: 10 Sep 2021 20:25:00
Message: <web.613bf6e0756c3d5acb705ca46e741498@news.povray.org>
Alain Martel <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> > Op 09/09/2021 om 03:24 schreef Samuel B.:
> > Unfortunately, the bump maps appear to be 8-bit grayscale, not 16-bit. (...)
>
> It could be in 16 bits format, but with the lower byte zeroed.
>
> zeroed lower byte, then, you'll see sharp spikes instead of a curve.

Well, something's going on, as you can see in the attached image.

I just tried it out in Blender, and it looked okay at /first/, but it's hard to
tell since for some reason Blender inverts the bump map for half the moon. (The
problem areas lay within the more null areas inside the inversion zone, and are
thus difficult to examine.)

Sam

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: