POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Apollonia gasket tree : Re: Apollonia gasket tree Server Time
23 Apr 2024 17:37:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Apollonia gasket tree
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 4 Sep 2021 18:45:00
Message: <web.6133f69db162c6b22636f1af607c1b34@news.povray.org>
"Samuel B." <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Lol. It's rarely easy, haha. But other programs have their issues, too. Blender,
> for instance... You can't easily make complex 3D objects using nodes or shaders
> at
> the moment, and rolling something like an Apollonian gasket in some other
> environment is likely to give you an even harder time. (Except maybe GLSL and
> HLSL.)
>
> It's crazy that it's been 30 years already. I didn't find out about POV-Ray
> until the late 90s. Except maybe before that, when I saw Tandy Color Computer
> magazine that featured an image made with a raytracer. Classic reflective
> spheres over a checkered plane. I wouldn't be surprised if it was DKB Trace, but
> I can't find any info currently.

The attraction that POV-Ray holds for me is the fact that it encourages one to
use his brain in creative ways to solve problems. If POV did not work the way it
does then I would have no interest in it. As it is, it's held my attention since
the beginning!

Kind regards,
Dave Blandston
Suggested motto: "With POV-Ray anything is possible, but nothing is easy"