POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Composite object in photo : Composite object in photo Server Time
19 Apr 2024 06:27:21 EDT (-0400)
  Composite object in photo
From: s day
Date: 23 Aug 2021 09:20:00
Message: <web.61239f8698a78f37d8572106a8f0b95@news.povray.org>
Just playing around trying to add a Pov CSG object (the tripod) into a photo.

Pretty pleased with the effect but I am wondering if there is an official method
of doing something like this to get better results?

I googled it and found some interesting information by Robert McGregor that I
just I didn't understand ;-)

Then I found someone who (can't recall who) mentioned using no_object to create
a scene with just the shadows which I could then merge (using code from Robert's
method) to render combine the shadow and image data.

I really have no idea what I am doing here but it seemed to work better than
expected. I could probably improve it by adding steps to my shadow scene so the
shadow raises but I would then have to lift up one of the Tripod legs as they
are currently all at the same level and as the Tripod is a CSG model that would
be a lot more effort than I have time for.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'composite_test.jpg' (401 KB)

Preview of image 'composite_test.jpg'