POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : `datetime(now)` issue - suggestions for a solution : Re: `datetime(now)` issue - suggestions for a solution Server Time
18 Apr 2024 01:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: `datetime(now)` issue - suggestions for a solution
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 9 Aug 2021 07:20:00
Message: <web.61110eb296b91fd31f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
> - The current broken variant of the behavior has been around for quite a
> while, and people have been using it. From their perspective, the only
> thing wrong about the broken behavior is that there's a trailing "Z"
> behind the default date/time strings generated.

Why not keep it the way it is an have an option/flag for removing the Z?

Gotta head out in a few, so only briefly:
A lot of this seems complicated, and I personally dislike too many options and
settings.

Would it be a bad thing to have localtime (), utctime (), and timezone () as
completely separate functions?  No idea what to do about daylight savings time
since it's such a bad idea that there are people organizing and petitioning to
get rid of it all together.