POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Moving indoors : Moving indoors Server Time
25 Apr 2024 06:34:58 EDT (-0400)
  Moving indoors
From: Chris R
Date: 5 Aug 2021 16:45:00
Message: <web.610c4d895466217c6fb991d75cc1b6e@news.povray.org>
For a change of pace, I started playing with an indoor scene.  I couldn't help
myself, however, and included a window that looks out to a sunset sky.

The scene is a low view of a pool-table near the window of a pool hall, looking
out across the street to a hardware store.  I used the brick and wood tools I
had developed earlier and discussed here in a previous post for the interior
walls of the pool hall and the exterior wall of the hardware store.

The pool table is a bit too shiny, but I like the reflection of the store across
the street.  I will share another view from a higher vantage point that shows
the asphalt road, complete with a crack that I spent way too much time on.

The ceiling of the pool hall is covered with can lights.  I originally had each
one of them be a fading light source, but since there are so many it took
forever to render with little effect on the scene.  Instead, they are now just
emitting light, and a few of them near the viewpoint are actual light sources,
as is the pool-table light above the table.

I'd like to put an awning over the hardware store, but have to play around with
cloth first.  I also want to put a neon sign on the pool hall that is partially
visible through the window.  I'm sure that will add another few hours of
reflection rendering.

-- Chris R

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'scene_1.2_2021-08-05.png' (886 KB)

Preview of image 'scene_1.2_2021-08-05.png'
scene_1.2_2021-08-05.png