POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : bump maps inverted in spherical warp : Re: bump maps inverted in spherical warp Server Time
25 Apr 2024 19:23:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bump maps inverted in spherical warp
From: Kenneth
Date: 5 Aug 2021 02:45:00
Message: <web.610b87ecfbcfb68e4cef624e6e066e29@news.povray.org>
"pkoning" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Just  now I tried to reproduce it but I'm seeing a different baffling issue:
> when I take out the "cells" pattern and replace it by a reference to a plain
> texture, the parser complains that the "warp" modifier is not expected.  See
> attached.
>
> Possible Parse Error: Unmatched {
>
>  line 100
> Parse Error: No matching }, warp found instead

Apparently, a warp{...} cannot be added to a previously-#declared texture. I
sometimes run into similar problems; some things can be added, some can't.

Your syntax is like this:

#declare tmoon = texture
{
  pbfr // [previously-#declared]
  scale <rfeature, rfeature * 2, 1>
  no_bump_scale
  warp {spherical}
}

Interestingly, the no_bump_scale *is* OK there. I was surprised at that.