POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Build info : Build info Server Time
20 Apr 2024 08:38:49 EDT (-0400)
  Build info
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 18 Jun 2021 16:10:00
Message: <web.60ccfcddf82a28731f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
When I run my usual version of POV-Ray, I get:

Persistence of Vision(tm) Ray Tracer Version 3.8.0-alpha.unofficial (g++
 -std=gnu++11 5.4.0 @ x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)
This is an unofficial version compiled by:
 Bald Eagle
 The POV-Ray Team is not responsible for supporting this version.

in the text stream.

I'm working on the sample scenes, and was wondering if this information could be
made to be accessible/visible to the SDL.

'version_full' would contain "3.8.0-alpha.unofficial"
and 'owner' would contain "Bald Eagle"

Also useful would be a version of input_file ('file_path') that contains the
full path.