POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Facebook 3D posts : Re: Facebook 3D posts Server Time
24 Apr 2024 15:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Facebook 3D posts
From: BayashiPascal
Date: 18 Jun 2021 03:50:00
Message: <web.60cc4f0993de9b14a3e088d5e0f8c582@news.povray.org>
> On 6/18/2021 2:51 AM, BayashiPascal wrote:
> > Conclusion, it probably doesn't really matter what kind of depth encoding you
> > use if you plan to use it on Facebook ! Maybe the best is to experiment...
>
> Interesting.
>
> I wonder if there is a tool that works with stereo images that is less
> ambiguous?
>
> But it might not matter.
>

> Mike

This field is called 'photogrammetry' ... and it's a rabbit hole, I warn you (I
work on it every day) !!

Maybe you can have look at the wikipedia page first if you don't know about it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photogrammetry

There are tons of techniques and tools, each with its particular advantage,
inconvenient and use case...

Pascal