POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : gamma issues 3.8 : Re: gamma issues 3.8 Server Time
20 Apr 2024 04:29:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: gamma issues 3.8
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 16 Jun 2021 21:45:00
Message: <web.60caa8ed490c1b141f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> I've thrown together something using GitHub Wiki on our repo; please
> have a look at https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/wiki/Scene-Files-Review
> to see whether that might be a useful tool to manage this task, and how
> you think it could be improved.

Do you sell phials of the potion that allows you to do the work of 10 people in
mere minutes?

Are there any guidelines that we're following with regard to file formatting?
Indentation - tabs, spaces, doesn't matter...

Many files say something to the effect of
"Persistence Of Vision raytracer version 3.5 sample file."

but then there is #version  3.7;

update to make consistent?

scenes/objects/ttf1.pov is ... heinous?
I'm guessing part of this project is to make them ... better?

fonts/typefaces that are shipped are:
crystal.ttf
cyrvetic.ttf
povlogo.ttf
timrom.ttf

I recall you recently calling out timrom - are we deprecating its usage until we
find something better?  (I like the seriffage of jsMath-cmmi10.ttf and
jsMath-cmti10.ttf)

Inquiring minds want to know!  :)