POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Granite_21 macro - beta #1.4 : Re: Granite_21 macro - beta #1.5 Server Time
19 Apr 2024 18:48:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Granite_21 macro - beta #1.5
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 30 May 2021 10:20:00
Message: <web.60b39e2f388d0b7a1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
Maybe I'm tired, doing it wrong - or there are errors.

In line 69 you have a capitalized inc file name, but you provide an
all-lowercase named file.

Then in line 70 you include a file - but if Granite_file isn't declared, it
throws an error - which I thought is what line 69 is for.

and _GRANITE_FILE_INC_ doesn't even exist until the file actually gets included,
so aren't you checking the wrong identifier?

Shouldn't it read something like:

#ifndef (Granite_file)
    #declare Granite_file = "dakotaredgranite.inc";
    #declare FileOK = file_exists (Granite_file);
    #if (FileOK)
        #include Granite_file
    #else error concat ("Material color_map file \"", Granite_file, "\" doesn't
exist.  Exiting."
    #end // end if
#end // end ifndef

?