POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Looking for POV-Ray 0.x : Re: Looking for POV-Ray 0.x Server Time
18 Apr 2024 06:14:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looking for POV-Ray 0.x
From: Bob
Date: 20 May 2021 10:15:00
Message: <web.60a66ed5ef7e98f3614e33ab757cdd57@news.povray.org>
> Op 20-5-2021 om 12:02 schreef Bob:
> > Sure, but I still would like to obtain POV-Ray 0.5... I have some ancient scenes
> > that don't render with DKBTrace nor POV-Ray 1.0, and their syntax is like a
> > hybrid between the two.
> >
> The correct name seems to be: "PvRay Version 0.5" (sic), "BETA Release
> 9/07/91",
>
> https://www.povray.org/documentation/3.7.0/t2_1.html
>
> but it does not seem to be available on the net anywhere. No results
> from the WayBackMachine either.
>
> --
> Thomas

This helps actually, I ran a search for PvRay and found a copy for Macintosh on
an old CD-ROM uploaded to the Internet Archive:
https://archive.org/details/MacintoshMania1
Unfortunately I don't know what to do with it as I don't have a Macintosh. I was
able to browse the contents of the CD on my Linux machine but all the
executables (?) are reported as zero byte files. Regular text files display
properly though.