POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : f_noise_generator : Re: f_noise_generator Server Time
19 Apr 2024 21:14:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: f_noise_generator
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 14 May 2021 06:35:00
Message: <web.609e51b3733177711f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
kurtz le pirate <kur### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I generate several isosurfaces in loops.
>

> Does "f_noise_generator(x,y,z,g)" always return the same value or not?

It should, unless it somehow gets changed mid-scene.

Noise Generators
There are three noise generators implemented. Changing the noise_generator will
change the appearance of noise based patterns, like bozo and granite.

noise_generator 1 the noise that was used in POV_Ray 3.1
noise_generator 2 range corrected version of the old noise, it does not show the
plateaus seen with noise_generator 1
noise_generator 3 generates Perlin noise
The default is noise_generator 2

Note: The noise_generator can also be set in global_settings

https://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Pattern_Modifiers#Noise_Generators

Noise_generator
There are three noise generators implemented.

noise_generator 1 the noise that was used in POV_Ray 3.1
noise_generator 2 'range corrected' version of the old noise, it does not show
the plateaus seen with noise_generator 1
noise_generator 3 generates Perlin noise
The default is noise_generator 2

Note: The noise_generators can also be used within the pigment/normal/etc.
statement.

https://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Global_Settings#Noise_generator