POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Matrix transform help plz : Re: Matrix transform help plz Server Time
20 Apr 2024 06:30:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Matrix transform help plz
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 25 Apr 2021 10:05:00
Message: <web.608576f214ed78c71f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
> I have some normal text I would like to skew so that its edges align to
> an isometric grid.

Which one?

> from the horizontal screen edge.

Without a diagram, that's confusing.

When I grab a random isometric grid from the web, I put it as a background, and
it looks like I get 3 x-units to every 2 pov units for the new y' vector, and
it's half the height (angle of 36.87 deg)

That gets me a second row for the transform matrix of 2/3, 0.5, 0.
(magenta vector)

But that's as far as I can get without exact parameters.

You have a matrix transform AND a rotation - so maybe you need something
different than what I'm showing?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'matrixtransformtext.png' (398 KB)

Preview of image 'matrixtransformtext.png'
matrixtransformtext.png