POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Array in function. Not, but... : Re: Array in function. Not, but... Server Time
23 Apr 2024 06:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Array in function. Not, but...
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 14 Apr 2021 18:05:00
Message: <web.6077665a848889811f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
ingo <ing### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
There's one little thing I don't realy understand. I have to undef
> the 'i' used in SPL or rename it or the one in N. Otherwise I get:
>
> line xxx: Parse Error: Local variable name expected!

Is it because you are essentially declaring an identifier for a scalar, and the
sum function wants to use a "function variable identifier", but there is a name
clash?

These are very cool ASCII scissors   :D

I did a fair amount of work using a spline and another similar method to
implement Jerome's Pythagorean tiling in the source code as a function in SDL.
It was challenging, but I learned a lot and came up with something "new"  :)