POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rotation matrices : Re: Rotation matrices Server Time
23 Apr 2024 15:12:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rotation matrices
From: Kenneth
Date: 6 Apr 2021 13:10:00
Message: <web.606c948f565eea12d98418916e066e29@news.povray.org>
> "Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote:
>
> > I also suggest that you insert a note to the reader that POV-Ray's
> > trigonometric functions use radians, not degrees as in you[r] basis
> > vector lists.
>
> I will keep that in mind.  I have one or two other "documentation illustrations"
> in mind.

I usually like to use trig functions in degrees rather than radians-- just
easier to visualize for me. "math.inc" has some simple little 'converter'
functions, sind() and cosd()

So in your diagram, for example...
T5: y'= <0,cosd(180), sind(180>

But for your matrix illustrations, I don't know if they should be used (since I
don't know enough about matrix math).
    like,  -sind  instead of  -sin  ??