POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rotation matrices : Re: Rotation matrices Server Time
19 Apr 2024 16:49:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rotation matrices
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 4 Apr 2021 19:10:00
Message: <web.606a463b565eea12d6f19eb189db30a9@news.povray.org>
> Since we use a left-handed coordinate system, and rotation matrices can be a bit
> confusing - especially at first - I made a sketch, and then decided it ought to
> be added to the collection of documentation diagrams I'm making.
> Here is a supplementary illustration - it could probably use some polishing.

Nice illustration.

To improve it I suggest that you remove the decimals. This will give you some
more space and make it easier to read.

I also suggest that you insert a note to the reader that POV-Ray's trigonometric
functions use radians, not degrees as in you basis vector lists.

Further; some of the equal signs have become minus signs. Could this be caused
by some scaling of the image ?

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com