POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : alpha.10064268 macro problem : Re: alpha.10064268 macro problem Server Time
20 Apr 2024 03:33:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: alpha.10064268 macro problem
From: jr
Date: 3 Apr 2021 17:15:00
Message: <web.6068da4954e5aaba79819d986cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

> "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > File 'fore_demo.pov' line 199: Parse Error: Expected 'numeric expression',
> >  sphere found instead
>
> Because it is looking for a numeric expression that you somehow left out.

hmm, the 'bigSphere' macro does work until one tries to instantiate an object,
it runs otherwise.  and, well, I cannot see anything amiss.

> When I insert a line before the sphere and put "0", I get:
>
> Possible Parse Error: Unmatched (
> at File: foreach.inc Line: 344 Col: 11
> Parse Error: No matching ), sphere found instead
>
> But then curiously, when I put "0)" I get:
>
> Parse Warning: Unbalanced ) in include file
> Parse Warning: Unbalanced } in include file
> Parse Error: Unbalanced #end directives in include file.

yes, as it should, having just a '0)' before the primitive.  I don't get the
line before thing but suspect it's for the same reason -- extra ("spurious")
characters.

as for adding more output in the include, the error does occur in the scene
file.  (btw, a 'bool' type payload with debug on will print return info).

thanks for looking.

regards, jr.