POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : AABB reduction by Singular Value Decomposition : AABB reduction by Singular Value Decomposition Server Time
23 Apr 2024 07:52:38 EDT (-0400)
  AABB reduction by Singular Value Decomposition
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 2 Apr 2021 21:40:00
Message: <web.6067c66d2a07e751f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
So I contacted this Greek grad student working on his PhD in Switzerland, and
started checking things and restructuring the scene to clarify what I wanted,
what I had tried, and where things were going wrong.

During the course of that, I re-ran the SVD - literally just copy-pasting the
data that I posted here over a year ago - and I noticed that the values I had in
the scene were different.  I commented those out, placed the new values in
and....

Ho-Lee Krappp
It's perfectly aligned!

23% of the original bounding box size.   :)

Now to see where we can go from here.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'svd_ellipse_test2.png' (149 KB)

Preview of image 'svd_ellipse_test2.png'
svd_ellipse_test2.png