POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Sounds of POV-Ray : Re: The Sounds of POV-Ray Server Time
20 Apr 2024 05:28:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Sounds of POV-Ray
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 1 Apr 2021 19:00:00
Message: <web.60664f78e8731e131f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
ingo <ing### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> in news:web.60661251e8731e1379819d986cde94f1@news.povray.org jr wrote:
>
> > more please
>
> How about the sound of Ken Perlin and a Klein Bottle?
>
> Ingo

Perlin Noise, Simplex Noise, or a Perlin smooth-stepped function?    ;)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoothstep#Variations

The Klein bottle sounds interesting, as does a Moebius strip.

I am thinking that I'd like to see a "simple" spline-driven song as an
animation, with sheet music.  Likely jr would love to see animated media musical
notes.

I find this extremely interesting, because one of the ideas I had about the FFT
was to analyze sound files, identify notes, and then do what you're doing.

What do you think about a POV-Ray modeled phonograph, with a vinyl album made
from a heightfield?   The grooves could be a spiral function.  :)

Or an old Edison wax cylinder phonograph.