POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Zen Fountain : Re: Zen Fountain Server Time
19 Apr 2024 21:03:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Zen Fountain
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 1 Apr 2021 18:45:00
Message: <web.60664bcffee81ec281e8d790b7ae6630@news.povray.org>
"Robert McGregor" <rob### [at] mcgregorfineartcom> wrote:
> I took a break from my sci fi scenes and started playing around with Mantaflow
> (which is pretty amazing) in Blender, ending up with this simple water flow
> simulation. The results inspired me to build this Zen fountain scene in POV-Ray.
>
> I modeled and UV mapped the rocks and bamboo tube (and baked water simulation)
> in Blender. The flower is from xfrog. I converted everything to mesh2 via
> PoseRay, positioned the meshes in the scene, and traced down some water
> droplets. After a couple of days of fiddling with lighting, textures, focal blur
> and scattering media, here is the final result.

Hi Robert,

what a beautifully composed image! It took 2 seconds to recognize your style -
thanks for it...

Of course I have some smaller remarks - for such a calm zen-like fountain the
wetness of the stones is too uniform and or the drops aren't fitting. Similar is
true for the bamboo pipe...

Otherwise a beautiful image - needed after the shock of the server crash.

Norbert