POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Functions in SDL - - - Kenneth : Re: Functions in SDL - - - Kenneth Server Time
25 Apr 2024 11:33:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Functions in SDL - - - Kenneth
From: Kenneth
Date: 26 Feb 2021 22:05:01
Message: <web.6039b6d3a1ec1b3cd98418910@news.povray.org>
Thanks for taking the time to lay out these function basics. I haven't neglected
your comments; I'm still rolling it all around in my head. I need to think hard
-- ouch!-- before asking pertinent questions, so that my queries are at least
half-way intelligent, ha ;-)

Long ago-- probably > 10 years? -- I spent a LOT of time playing with
functions...mostly through sheer experimentation, substituting values here and
there, etc.-- tinkering, in other words, without a *true* understanding of what
I was doing. The exercise was very instructive anyway, to try and 'tease out'
how functions work in POV-ray; but I hit a roadblock in my efforts to *create*
them from scratch, even way back then. In any case, I lost at least half of that
code when an old computer died. Since then, I've slowly been playing catch-up.