POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : splash window v3.7 64 bit : Re: splash window v3.7 64 bit Server Time
16 Apr 2024 03:05:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: splash window v3.7 64 bit
From: Mr
Date: 25 Jan 2021 09:55:06
Message: <web.600edae8b87b097a16086ed00@news.povray.org>
"Hexhall" <n/a> wrote:
> I just installed pov-ray 3.6.1 (to get megapov working) and noticed something
> odd afterwards when I started pov-ray 3.7.0 for an unrelated project -- the
> splash window did not appear, it went straight to showing the normal program
> window.  Everything seems to work just fine, renders are normal, just no splash
> window on startup.  Any ideas on what may have happened?  Any ideas on how to
> set things back to the way they were?  (by the way, 3.6.1 is the 32 bit version,
> 3.7.0 is 64 bit).  Any info will be appreciated.

hello, I may be wrong, but I believe it's a feature to not bother user with
splash screen once it has been "ok checked" away for a certain period of time
(how much?)... Maybe check again after you finished all you current renders,
closed all your current sessions for more than a day and reopen POV ?