POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Beam Engine : Re: Beam Engine Server Time
19 Apr 2024 04:10:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beam Engine
From: Mr
Date: 20 Jan 2021 16:55:01
Message: <web.6008a6a1f4c22fe216086ed00@news.povray.org>
"m@b" <sai### [at] googlemailcom> wrote:
> On 13/01/2021 4:08 am, Mr wrote:
> > "m@b" <sai### [at] googlemailcom> wrote:
> >> My first attempt at using radiosity.
> >> Comment welcome.
> >>
> >> m@
> >
> > The beams through media look very crisp and nice. here are a fex remarks in the
> > order that would matter most first:
> >

> > There seems to be too much light from inside to have a balance that would reveal
> > radiosity well. Could the inside lights be dimmed ? maybe even remove with
> > radiosity. The scene would contrast more
> >

> > Some of the colors are too saturated. (srgb? assumed_gamma?)
> >
> > the reflective elements, show too strong a total reflective amounts. You can use
> > conserve_energy and albedo keywords to solve that.
> >

> Thanks for the comments.
>
> I have reduced the gamma, gray_threshold and brightness.
>
> The steel-work is now a darker pigment and less reflective.
>
> Getting there slowly, this radiosity thing is complicated :-)
>
> m@

great improvements! Now the small dining table appears as a nice place to rest
the wandering eye... Cool details. Now the image is really passed the finished
state, but of course, one could always want to iterate more... so :
-I suspect the light outside is not parallel  sun like type and in that case too
close to the building because it makes beams directions diverge instead of
falling in the same direction if they were generated by sunlight.
-the red of the machine still slightly over saturated
-The mapping of what I assume to be metallic grids on the floor seems stretched
or unreadable.
-the floor seems too bright, clean and flat.
-The walls miss some history too. maybe just a little dirt in the corners,
textures allowing to identify what they are made of ?