POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 2D QRD Design Visualization : Re: 2D QRD Design Visualization Server Time
23 Apr 2024 03:13:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2D QRD Design Visualization
From: Kenneth
Date: 5 Jan 2021 05:40:00
Message: <web.5ff440fb1bc6d663d98418910@news.povray.org>
"Robert McGregor" <rob### [at] mcgregorfineartcom> wrote:

> This is render of a 1D QRD design based on prime number 13, also a 2x4
> foot profile...I built three of
> these a couple of months ago...

Another cool design! The profile happens to look like a kind of chopped-up
waveform.

I'm curious: For these, would there be an improvement (i.e. 'better' sound
absortion) if one or two of the three panels were mounted horizontally rather
than vertically? To 'catch' sound waves that the vertical panel(s) may have
missed? My own uninformed theory about these things is, the more 'random' the
orientation, the better. But that's based on.. nothing in particular, just a
hunch ;-)

There is a local restaurant/bar here that our band plays at on a regular basis.
The small 'stage' is located in a corner of the room-- with hard walls
everywhere, and a low hard ceiling. This set-up results in some weird and
expected over-amplification of the bands' instruments, with the sound bouncing
around; on-stage, we never truly hear what the audience hears. For *years*, I've
been trying to convince the venue's owners to put *some* kind of sound-absorbing
panels (or whatever) on the L-shaped walls that surround us. But they don't seem
to think it's important. *sigh* :-(  I haven't given up, though!