POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : v3.8 attempted load of radiosity file core dumps. : Re: v3.8 attempted load of radiosity file core dumps. Server Time
19 Apr 2024 05:41:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: v3.8 attempted load of radiosity file core dumps.
From: Kenneth
Date: 7 Dec 2020 13:35:00
Message: <web.5fce74c0271ee0ed98418910@news.povray.org>
I agree, if I understand this correctly (extrapolating your comments to the v3.8
Windows version.)

The particular 'development version' I'm using that piggybacks on top of v3.7.0
does not accept the +rfo +rfi commands for some reason; but if I instead use
only these two .INI commands...

Radiosity_File_Name= *whatever*
Radiosity_From_File=on

.....it results in a failed render. Not an outright crash, but annoying. Of
course, it does not make much sense anyway to try reading data from a
non-existant(?) file. (I learned that the hard way, ha.) But if the LINUX builds
are actually crashing, that's not good!

Perhaps a fix would be for POV-ray to internally create a small 'blank' file on
start-up, with a 'dummy' name that is then overridden by Radiosity_File_Name?

[I hope I'm not misunderstanding your comments.]