POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Accessible patio : Re: Accessible patio Server Time
24 Apr 2024 13:07:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Accessible patio
From: Mr
Date: 23 Nov 2020 15:00:07
Message: <web.5fbc144a4842474b6adeaecb0@news.povray.org>
> While exploring the trade-offs of double_illuminate a couple of years
> ago, I noticed that the patio in my pre-fab render rig did not have an
> entrance!  While this was not a problem for a spry, athletic Daz model,
> a Blender model in a wheelchair or a Poser model with osteoporosis would
> have trouble getting in for a sitting.
>
> I have now rectified this oversight, hopefully to the satisfaction of
> the accessibility authorities.  The brick walls are rebuilt with an
> opening and a ramp.
>
> Image non-accessible.jpg is from 2 years ago.  Image accessible-d.jpg
> has the re-bricked wall, and you can see the opening reflected in the
> right side of the chrome sphere.  Image accessible.jpg has the camera
> positioned for a better look at the entrance.

Nice and simple. The additions really do increase the natural feeling and
perspective opening of the image. The change of position for the sun provides
more contrast and lowering it a little more would slide the walls shadow closer
to the center, providing even more eye candy radiosity nuances

:-)

Could you elaborate on the specific nature of the various kinds of models'
handicaps ?  Did you achieve your changes the traditional (text editor) way? as
a preparation to merge models from these other apps into the scene for testing ?