POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pending Storm : Re: Pending Storm - final Server Time
23 Apr 2024 22:37:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pending Storm - final
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 15 Oct 2020 16:40:03
Message: <web.5f88b34ceb8b16c1f9dae300@news.povray.org>
You've definitely made some noticeable improvements on the left side.

On the right ...   it all seems to have faded into a lack of definition.
The clouds and the land ooze together into a brown cloud - I would have expected
some greater contrast, and a darker, almost black color.   Something to add
WEIGHT and authoritatively announce the arrival of a STORM, and make you _feel_
it.

You have sunlight shining on the trees, but no highlights.
An effect of the light group?

The little buildings also seem to have disappeared into the beige cloud.
Are they no longer lit as well?

It's still kicking butt, and I like both versions of the grass.

That all of it is parametric, with a conversion to mesh2{} is pretty exciting as
well.   Maybe a tiny example scene showing how all of that is implemented, along
with the needed files in a zip would prod other folks into taking a crack at
some renders of their own   ;)