POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pending Storm : Re: Pending Storm - final Server Time
23 Apr 2024 23:01:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pending Storm - final
From: Mr
Date: 15 Oct 2020 15:20:04
Message: <web.5f88a01ceb8b16c6adeaecb0@news.povray.org>
> Please find here the (last) version of the scene. Search for the
> differences ;-)
>
> One notable change I want to elaborate on a bit. I dumped Gilles Tran's
> MakeGrass and replaced it by Lawnmaker from Uwe Gleiss (2004).
> Unfortunately, his website from where it was downloaded does not exist
> anymore. Interestingly, the grass blades were made of parametric objects
> and I remembered the infinite time it took to render a proper scene, so
> I never used it. William Pokorny's discovery about the optimal settings
> for parametric objects, made me curious of course and, Lo! Lawnmaker
> suddenly became a serious candidate. Not stopping there, and interested
> as I am in using mesh2{} files, I decided to experiment with Meshmaker
> (thanks Ingo!). With the help of an example file by Friedrich
> Lohmueller, I made the conversion within a couple of minutes. Taking
> into account the size of the grasspatches and their grass blade density
> (which can increase parsing time quite rapidly) a typical lawn renders
> very fast, hardly slower than the rest of the scene.
>
> --
> Thomas

Hi sorry, is it too late to give suggestions? The potential of this image is big
!  My first and only remark if too late is that there would me a more immersive
feeling if silhouette of the castle had more bumpy details for slabs. That would
be a lot of work (maybe less for an HG POV displacement). So I hold my tong for
the other possible areas to work on and really appologize if it's too late, I
enjoy the meteorological effect of clouds falling down to rain a lot, and the
slopes of distant hills , and the grain on the rusty metal bar and the position
of wooden ramp to compose image into depth.