POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.misc : POV-Ray article draft : Re: POV-Ray article draft Server Time
18 Apr 2024 01:55:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray article draft
From: Mr
Date: 5 Oct 2020 10:45:00
Message: <web.5f7b30b827071fba16086ed00@news.povray.org>
> OK, so I got pretty far along, and so at this point, I'm going to post this for
> the general readership to look over and comment on.
>
> It's unpolished, and incomplete, so there may be some gaps and spots that seem
> to not have much context.
>
> Looking for opinions on the renders, the layout, the flow, the readability, too
> little / too much, additional information or related/subtopics to cover, what
> code to provide in the actual article itself...
>
> Anything I might have overlooked, not have thought of, or just not gotten too
> yet.
>
> It's longer than I thought it would be, and shorter than it should be?
>
> Read-only LibreOffice odt format

Helo, I did not read , and just looked, so the below remark is purely cosmetics
:-)

The fonts for page header and the final reference notes (maybe also page
numbers) tend to "clash woth the main content fonts. They would not need to have
the same styles at all, but those two styles are not a fit. there are many sites
that propose fonts that go well when combined together if you ask google the
question :

"what font goes well with courier for title"

Times, for instance, is one of the answers...  You could then try inverting
these title and content fonts and see which combination you prefer?
I like the two columns layout.