POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : How to concatenate an identifier? : Re: How to concatenate an identifier? Server Time
20 Apr 2024 01:44:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to concatenate an identifier?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 27 Sep 2020 18:55:01
Message: <web.5f7117cac09da16c1f9dae300@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> This Parse_String(...) macro is new to me, so I played around with it, to see
> what it could do. It's quite powerful, and opens up a lot of possibilities.

So, due to my addi...  affliction, I actually had a dream about this macro -
using it to describe an identifier as well as output its value.

As in #debug concat ("U", " = ", str (U, 0, 0), "\n")
It would be handy to have a simple macro that you could just pass  _ U _ to, but
U the text character and U the scalar value are separate and distinct.

So my short dream was about implementing Parse_String to create such a macro...

I think I ran out of dried frog pills.....