POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray vs uberpov am3 : Re: povray vs uberpov am3 Server Time
18 Apr 2024 15:03:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray vs uberpov am3
From: Kenneth
Date: 17 Sep 2020 15:10:01
Message: <web.5f63b34aaa461a8cd98418910@news.povray.org>
Alain Martel <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> The «plugin» version need to reside in a sub-folder of another
> installation. It piggy back on another installed version.

Yes, that is what I am currently doing-- the UberPOV v1.37 'plug-in' is
piggybacking on my v3.7.0 installation, as per Clikpa's old instructions.
UberPOV is actually a v3.8.0.alpha+xxx (in Windows, anyway); what is strange is
that the "+ac0.9" command is not recognizied there, whereas it *is* recognized
in the other 3.8.0xx versions I have.

Yet it DOES work for Ton in *his* UberPOV version.

> You may want to install the [UberPOV] standalone version, then, replace the
> executable with the latest version.

That's an interesting idea; I guess I could try that as a last resort.