POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Applying textures to a spherical heightfield section afterwards? : Re: Applying textures to a spherical heightfield section afterwards? Server Time
20 Apr 2024 02:16:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Applying textures to a spherical heightfield section afterwards?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 14 Sep 2020 13:40:00
Message: <web.5f5faa7857afda211f9dae300@news.povray.org>
=?UTF-8?Q?J=c3=b6rg_=22Yadgar=22_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:

> I tried your suggestions, but still get the "out of range" error!

I can say from long and painful experience that you need more (switchable)
#debug statements so that you can follow along as the code progresses.

While you're putting those in, it would likely be useful to tidy up the
calculations and maybe split long or confusing operations into multiple steps,
with comments.

You're deep into the territory of "check your assumptions" by determining "what
are the facts?".

avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable

― Robert Heinlein