POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : using multiple versions of POV-ray-- library_paths question : Re: using multiple versions of POV-ray-- library_paths question Server Time
19 Apr 2024 04:38:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: using multiple versions of POV-ray-- library_paths question
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 13 Sep 2020 15:00:00
Message: <web.5f5e6b456c1a673f1f9dae300@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> It seems obvious that I'm going about this the wrong way. I suspect that POV-ray
> tries to load these special(?) kinds of files/folders *before* looking in
> povray.ini for any further library paths-- and consequently does not find what
> it is looking for.

I don't mess with these (much), but I will speculate, and see if I'm correct.

The locations of those "special" folders are hard-coded somewhere, or in some
..ini file that you haven't found yet.
The library paths have nothing to do with those.
What I think you want to do is create a central folder, and then in the place
where those folders are normally found, add a symbolic link that points to the
central folder.
In windows that might be a "shortcut" or something similar.