POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : latest FIREFOX prevents connection to newsgroups : Re: latest FIREFOX prevents connection to newsgroups Server Time
25 Apr 2024 04:07:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: latest FIREFOX prevents connection to newsgroups
From: Kenneth
Date: 30 Aug 2020 12:25:01
Message: <web.5f4bd292e699e4f5d98418910@news.povray.org>
Thorsten <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:

> Ehm, the web news interface does not use HTTPS. It uses plain HTTP and
> works in the current Firefox without problems.

Hmm, then there is a mystery somewhere ;-)

The URL I see when I go to the 'main'(?) newsgroups page (the one I always
access) is this...

https://news.povray.org/groups/

....uh, not HTTP.

I'm currently running the latest Firefox update, that I downloaded several days
ago-- v80.0 -- which blocked that newsgroups page, with the warning I mentioned
earlier (that is, until I instructed Firefox to 'roll back' to the older
security protocols).