POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : alpha.10064268 undef behaviour : Re: alpha.10064268 undef behaviour Server Time
24 Apr 2024 13:28:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: alpha.10064268 undef behaviour
From: jr
Date: 13 Aug 2020 10:20:00
Message: <web.5f354b95f20bf6fd4d00143e0@news.povray.org>
hi,

> On 8/13/20 6:48 AM, jr wrote:
> > I was looking over my 'queues.inc' code[*], and got errors ...
>
> The two which fail are using float id tokens where the first does not.

thank you for looking into it.  did a quick test loading a few strings via
'qqPut()' and yes, that works as should.  (strange that the content of an array
element should matter)

> I'm going to run with the change at the bottom for a while in povr and
> see what happens. Your test cases again run with the change.

yeah, forgot to mention, 'povr' was same as alpha.10064268.

> I think though this a v38 release issue where somebody needs to spend a
> chunk of time 'really' getting to understand the state of the current
> parser code to determine the 'right' solution. I'm guessing a little
> given the code state - and that state doesn't looks clean to me.

if, after some time, the change you made to 'symboltable.cpp' looks to be
trouble-free, could you post a diff for users (me :-)) to try, please?

regards, jr.