POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. f6b1c13e : Re: An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. f6b1c13e Server Time
18 Apr 2024 04:46:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. f6b1c13e
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 1 Aug 2020 11:25:01
Message: <web.5f2588cdf6dfcecf1f9dae300@news.povray.org>

> The more tangled part is what would a command set supporting directories
> look like.

I don't use any of the shellout commands, but I would imagine it would just be a
call to the "DOS" to create the specified directory.
mkdir "newDirectory"

#CreateDirectory "newDirectory"

The only bell-and-whistle thing I could envision would be opening a file for
writing in a subdirectory that doesn't yet exist, and automagically creating the
necessary directory branches for the file.  Probably wisest to purposefully
enable this feature to guard against simple typographical errors.

> Then we'd have the implementation of those commands,

I'm guessing you mean the actual POV-Ray source code

> documentation and training of users.

Which would be --- 3 or 4 lines of text?  :D
I mean, I know that packages of food come with instructions nowadays, "1. tear
open package 2. remove contents 3. eat" but I'm pretty sure most of it ought to
be "self-evident".