POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. f6b1c13e : Re: An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. f6b1c13e Server Time
20 Apr 2024 01:05:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. f6b1c13e
From: jr
Date: 29 Jul 2020 14:20:00
Message: <web.5f21bcf7f6dfcecf4d00143e0@news.povray.org>
hi,

> Sure. You can continue to use any names you want for function and macro
> parameters. The _<lower> is the suggestion because it won't collide with
> future SDL keywords where some other lower case string might eventually
> - though probably not a_ :-).

I find I'm not .. getting on with the forced uppercase stuff (sorry), and would
prefer to go back to the first version you posted.  regarding that, I did a
'diff' on the respective 'vfe/unix/unixconsole.cpp' files, is the 'XInitThreads'
call (including surrounding conditional) the only thing that would need to be
added to allow the _f9bc4ef7 version to function safely wrt X11?

regards, jr.