POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : whither POV-Ray ?? : Re: whither POV-Ray ?? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 09:35:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: whither POV-Ray ??
From: jr
Date: 21 Jul 2020 15:40:01
Message: <web.5f17440a17b7b05f4d00143e0@news.povray.org>
hi,

> On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 14:32:24 -0400, jr wrote:
> > and if you're alluding to SARS-Cov-2, re-read the thread.  the
> > "pandemic" cannot be blamed for sitting on the Moray source for thirteen
> > plus years.
>
> And your point is?  It takes people to step up to do stuff, and when
> people aren't stepping up to do stuff, things don't get done.
>
> Welcome to the world of open source development with a small project team.

hmm.  personally, I know of _v_ small "project team"s, ie individuals, who have
managed, besides living their personal lives, to create, for instance, a fully
standards compliant C compiler, in significantly fewer than thirteen years.

(for some reason everybody seems real .. coy when talk of Moray looms)

> >> Instead of complaining, maybe offer to help out where you can.
> >
> > <http://news.povray.org/web.5f00de9f17b7b05f4d00143e0%40news.povray.org>
>
> Fair enough.

very gracious, I'm sure.  (the withdrawn "a telling" was .. telling, also, or so
I think.  :-))

> Being impatient isn't going to make things go faster.  As you astutely
> observed, the "stuff going on in the world" is life.  People have them,
> and set their priorities as they see fit.
>
> They're not going to change them based on your desires, especially if you
> rant and complain to get action.

uh, this is about me now?  (if you can't play the ball, play the man?)

regards, jr.