POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : mesh2 generator: strange error! : Re: mesh2 generator: strange error! Server Time
25 Apr 2024 08:35:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mesh2 generator: strange error!
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 15 Jul 2020 06:25:00
Message: <web.5f0ed8b02c156900fb0b41570@news.povray.org>
=?UTF-8?Q?J=c3=b6rg_=22Yadgar=22_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:

> I still have a full-resolution (i.e. 3601 by 3601) mesh2 of the Kabul
> area rendering correctly, but looking up 3.5 GB of text for the
> implementation of the texture is next to impossible...

A mesh of one or two triangles can be placed in exactly the same places as one
of 3601 x 3601 triangles.

Put very simple, fast objects in place when testing.
Get it work and work well (change up some of the numbers to verify your
hard-coded assumptions) and then save a copy of the working code somewhere.
If the texture definition is gigantic, trim it down to a simplistic
representation and see what the pattern modifiers are doing.

Do that, and I'll bet you'll find the problem in no time.