POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV-Earth thread : Re: POV-Earth thread Server Time
18 Apr 2024 22:36:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Earth thread
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 12 Jul 2020 07:15:01
Message: <web.5f0af0085d69181bfb0b41570@news.povray.org>

> As you are aware, this is a view of the planet Quilt in the Fomalhaut
> system ;-)

You certainly do keep abreast of topics astronomical, don't you..

IIRC there was a sci fi novel about a "planet" made of stolen shards of other
planets all cobbled together...   can't recall or find it...

> I am following this work with interest. You are making good progress indeed.

Thanks - the key idea is that it's going to be very much like a particle system,
where the engine doesn't control the particles - the particles direct
themselves.
So one can add, delete, or modify an include file (within the given
constraints(?)) and you can still render an entire planet - straight "out of the
box" or even if the only thing you've modeled is the Eiffel tower - or a sphere.